Research Project "JatroilPROTEIN"
The objective of the project is to develop integrated processes of Jatropha curcas L. for an efficient production of high protein animal feed and vegetable oil. The target is to combine the different sectors to an integrated multifunctional process chain.
Main sectors of the process chain
- De-hulling of Jatropha fruits,
- De-shelling of seeds,
- Defatting of kernels by Matrix-(co)pressing with tough cereal grains and
- Detoxification of the final design feed.
Additional or alternative processes
- Optimisation of the enzyme assisted aqueous extraction of oil and protein (EAAE),
- Use of PhorbolEsters as bio-pesticide and
- Pellet production of jatropha-hulls and seedshells for thermal combustion.
To obtain a higher ressource efficiency the production and use of jatropha products and by-products (residual products) has to be optimized.
Project duration: 01.03.2012 to 30.09.2014
JatroilPROTEIN project was sponsored by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) in the framework of the program SME-innovativ Joint Projects 'Efficiency of Ressources' (funding code: 033R069A).
The research project was a cooperation project of Jatrosolutions GmbH with Agricultural Engineering in the Tropics and Subtropics and the PPM-Madgeburg e.V. . Detailed information to the partners are available at their homepages.