Our breeding objectives are determined by the traits that define the economic success of Jatropha growers. Therefore, we pursue the following major objectives:
- To increase Jatropha yield and yield stability across environments and years.
- To increase oil content in seeds of Jatropha for use as biofuel feedstock.
- To increase protein content in kernels of edible Jatropha, which is free from toxins and antinutrients, for use as food and feed.
- To improve performance of Jatropha under arid and marginal growing conditions.
- To improve plant physiology (plant height, fruit retention, flowering and production behavior, etc.) for optimisation of harvest and agronomic management.
- To improve tolerance to diseases and pests.